The safety of the garage door should be of paramount importance. To ensure that all parts of the door are in proper condition, it is necessary to conduct periodic inspections. This is the best way for you to be sure of the safety of your garage door. This way, your family will be protected from undue accidents.
The garage door is the largest moving object of your home. This is the reason why, you should opt for regular maintenance and inspection to avoid any accidents. Here is a safety checklist for your garage door to ensure that it works smoothly.
- Ensure that the garage door is designed to prevent personal injury or damage to the property in case the springs are broken. Some of the best quality garage doors come with a safety containment cable. This prevents any kind of serious injury by a snapped spring.
- The bottom brackets of the conventional garage doors remain under extreme pressure. In case the bottom brackets are loosened, it can lead to serious accidents. Ensure that the garage door has a good quality bracket so that it cannot be removed when the door is in tension.
- Garage door springs play an important role in the proper functioning of the door. All the springs wear out over a period of time and may also break down. Get the garage door springs inspected by a professional and replace them if necessary. In case a garage door has two springs, replace both of them, even if only one spring has broken.
- If your garage door does not go up or down smoothly, then there is a possibility that the spring system is out of balance. This could cause premature wear and tear of the door’s hardware. The springs need to be adjusted or replaced depending on their condition.
- In case the garage door cables that are attached from the spring system to the bottom bracket on each side of the door is broken, or has loose hanging strips, then the cables may break down. This can cause serious injury or damage to your property. This is the reason why it is necessary to get the cables inspected by a professional of San Antonio Garage Door Experts.
These are some of the safety tips that you need to follow to ensure that your garage door works efficiently.