Anyone residing in the San Antonio area that has a garage door must have a San Antonio Garage Door Experts contact in place. This is for the purpose of keeping your garage door functioning and well maintained always. There are moments when homeowners become obsessed with Do It Yourself or DIY projects around the home. So when it comes to garage door repairs, is it better to call the experts or go DIY?
There are a few facts you need to know about garage doors in order to make a sound decision.
- The most common part of a garage door that needs replacement or maintenance is the garage door springs. This is dependent on how often the door is open and closed. Because the springs are designed to fully function for about 10,000 movement cycles, there is need to not only monitor their functionality but also replace garage door springs when necessary.
- One of the most important tasks when it comes to garage door repair and maintenance is greasing the door parts. It is usually done about 2 times annually and can sometimes be more, again, depending on use of the door.
- The garage door controls are also a common checkpoint of garage door repair. There is usually the wall switch and the remote control switch. It is important to have these checked on a regular basis, inclusive of the wiring and change of the remote batteries. Sometimes, you may need to replace the remote if it cannot be fixed.
- Garage door rollers are yet another part of the garage door that need close attention to. Faulty rollers risk messing with the other garage door parts and also make the door quite noisy when in use. Garage door roller replacement should not be delayed and utmost care must be taken when replacing garage door track rollers.
- Another part of the garage door that should be looked into during garage door spring repair is the garage door cables. When these become faulty, you will have a hard time opening the garage door or it will look like it is hanging to one side.
With the above facts about garage door repairs, it is easy to see why it is important to call in the San Antonio Garage Door Experts to take care of all your repair needs. When you need broken garage door springs fixed or replaced, it is important to have an expert handle this. The good thing with selecting experts is because they will not only fix the problem at hand but they will inspect your garage door system and parts and give proper advice on what you need to repair or replace aside from garage door spring replacement. In addition, a working garage door ensures that your home is safe as well your vehicle or property stored in the garage is secured.
For all your garage door needs, contact San Antonio Garage Door Experts where garage door parts and maintenance is well taken care of by professionals who work around the clock to ensure that your home and your car are safe thanks to functional garage doors.